The New Zealand Government is committed to combating climate change and reducing New Zealand’s greenhouse gas emissions.
As tackling climate change is one of the Government’s key environmental priorities, TWS Energy Controls, in its business capacity will endeavour to contribute all its effort in supporting the government’s goal in mitigating climate change effects.
In committing to the government’s policy, TWS Energy Controls is striving to meet the cap and trade system which is a market-based approach to controlling pollution that allows corporations or national governments to trade emissions allowances under an overall cap, or limit, on those emissions.
As an Environmentally conscious company, TWS Energy Controls is committed to:
- Comply with applicable environmental laws and regulations to prevent
- Strive continuously to improve the Company’s environmental performance by
- Establish processes to review the environmental aspects and impacts of WF
- Provide the support and resources necessary to ensure compliance with
- Hold managers and supervisors accountable for the environmental
- Encourage process modifications that reduce pollution and waste;
- Implement internal recycling programs;
- Report and record environmental incidents and non-compliance situations, pollution and protect the earth’s resources;implementing environmental management procedures, regularly reviewing their effectiveness and rectifying deficiencies where necessary.
- Energy Controls work activities prior to undertaking the work, and implement appropriate procedures to mange potential risk.
- Company and statutory requirements, performance of their departments.
- Establish mechanisms for employees to report concerns about environmental
- Establish objectives and targets and monitor our performance through the
- Develop manager, employee and contractor awareness of their and initiate remedial action to improve performance, rectify damage and prevent recurrence, issues and respond promptly to their concerns.
- Establishment of Key Performance Indicators and environmental obligations through education and training.
To achieve this policy I expect the full cooperation of every member of TWS Energy Controls.
This signed statement confirms my personal commitment to this Policy.
Tony Hogg – Group General Manager
TWS Energy Controls
Date: 8 September 2015
UNCONTROLLED DOCUMENT IF PRINTED
Download Environmental Policy